EventsBase, a quarterly magazine for the events industry in Scotland, has been launched. A brand new title in the market, EventsBase aims to go behind the scenes to report on events and festivals ‘through the eyes of organisers, suppliers and sponsors’.
“The magazine is an affirmation of Scotland’s growing reputation as ‘the perfect stage’ for everything from small-scale local events to international occasions,” said editor Will Peakin.
It has been designed and produced by Palmer Watson, the agency known for its work with magazines and newspapers around the world, including Le Monde and El Pais.
Professor Joe Goldblatt, one of Scotland’s foremost academic experts on the events industry, said: “The journalism is excellent and design is cool and crisp and very appealing. The choice of topics is highly relevant to the events field and will be certainly well read by event professionals, their suppliers, students and teachers both in Scotland and beyond.”
The launch edition features a cover picture by Douglas Kirkland, renowned for his photographs of Marylyn Monroe, Coco Chanel and Leonardo di Caprio, among others.
It also includes:
- A profile of the organiser of George Clooney’s recent visit to Edinburgh (who reveals the person he thinks could top the Hollywood star)
- An interview with VisitScotland’s events director (and why he thinks there is a case for building a new national stadium)
- And an exclusive look inside The Gleneagles Hotel’s wine cellar (including how much you could spend on a private dinner)
Plus reports on:
- ‘Scotland – The Perfect Stage’, Scotland’s new events strategy
- The Turner Prize
- Edinburgh’s Hogmanay
- The 2016 Year of Innovation, Architecture and Design
- The National Museum of Scotland’s new galleries opening in 2016
- Winning the 2019 Solheim Cup
- Meeting & Incentive Forums
- Glasgow’s Hydro
- Macdonald Hotels’ £8m investment in Aviemore