We are seeking a Conference and Events Researcher to join our team, based in Leith, Edinburgh.
As a Conference and Events Researcher you will have experience working in a business or policy events environment, consultancy or a similar type of organisation. You will have a sound command of research and monitoring techniques and a working knowledge of Scottish policy and business.
Reporting to the Managing Director responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring Scottish, UK and EU legislation relevant to Scotland
- Identifying issues that would constitute effective conferences and events
- Developing and expanding the existing series of conferences
- Identifying and meeting with partner organisations who can provide support and intellectual research assistance for the development of events
- Researching and developing coherent agenda
- Identifying relevant audiences with our Marketing Executive
- Identifying appropriate speakers and presentation titles
- Inviting and briefing speakers and replacement speakers
- Liaising with commercial clients and supporting organisations
- Assisting in managing the editorial production of reports and bulletins relating to conferences and events
- Liaising with members of the conference production, marketing, sponsorship and design teams and other teams
- Overseeing with our Marketing Executive in writing and producing conference publicity material, including brochures, advertising, letters and web content
- Setting up and updating the event website, in conjunction with our marketing executive, with speaker, sponsor and other updates.
- Preparing all pre event delegate materials and liason
- Assist in hosting the event or conference ‘on the day’.
- Setting and working to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience, and an understanding, of researching business events or business projects
- A hunger for news and information; and the understanding of how a conference/ event can inform debate
- Understanding of business and legislative processes
- Well developed communications skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and first class organisational skills
- Drive, resourcefulness and intelligence
- Education to degree level (please indicate any professional qualifications or membership of relevant organisations.
Canongate Communications Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Please send a covering letter and CV to the address below.
Hamish@canongate.org or mail to 29 Constitution Street, Edinburgh EH6 7BS or call 0131 561 7344.