Check out the latest issue of EventsBase – the magazine for events and festivals professionals in Scotland!
This issue is going all the way to Barcelona, as our team attends IBTM – the leading global event for the meetings, incentives, conferences, events and business travel industry. If you’re not in Barcelona, don’t worry, you can read the issue online by clicking here. Or if you’d like to receive physical copies of the magazine, look at our subscription offer here.
The first ever LegalScot is being distributed as a supplement with The Times Scotland today. Read about everything from the effects of Brexit on the legal sector to robot judges.
Pop out to a newsagent’s to get your copy or read online here.
The next issue is coming out in March 2017. To find out how you can get involved, contact Jake on email@example.com or call 0131 561 7351
The October issue of WaterScot was distributed today along with The Times Scotland.
Some of the key stories in the supplement are:
- How data modelling is helping Aberdeen stay one step ahead of the weather
- How deregulation of the business water market is helping customers make the right choices
- Cleaning up the world’s waterways – The Scottish firm mimicking nature to rid the globe of pollution
- From a Land Rover and wellies to a laptop: how big data is turning the tide on hydro power
Click here to read online version.
The September 2016 issue of FutureScot is distributed with The Times Scotland today (Wednesday 28/9) and features stories on technology and digital in Scotland.
Some key features include:
- First Group is trialling new software that will send bus notification alerts to parents (p5)
- Dermot Turing – nephew of Alan Turing – on the works The Turing Trust is doing to set up computer labs in Malawi. (p6)
- Virgin Media’s expansion of its high-speed infrastructure across Scotland. (p7)
- Registers of Scotland’s 400th anniversary and its work to make the organisation a digital leader. (p8)
- University of Glasgow working with Chinese counterparts to speed up the internet (p11)
- The £410m Digital Scotland Superfast Broadband Programme (p12)
- Software developed by Toshiba Medical Visualisation Systems can help show the human heart pulsing in 4-D, and in real-time (p17)
And much more!
The September 2016 issue of CABLEtalk magazine is out now!
CABLEtalk is published by Canongate Communications and represents the Scottish electrotechnical industry, being the official magazine of SELECT – the trade association for the electrical contracting industry in Scotland.
Copies of the latest issue of RuralScot are being distributed along with The Times Scotland today (1/9) so be sure to pick up your copy!
- Fergus Ewing MSP on the importance of ensuring connectivity for remote parts of Scotland and the plan to provide 95% of Scotland with fibre broadband by 2017.
- The ‘dizzy heights’ of vertical farming and how it could reinvent our relationship with food.
- The ‘superspud’ developed by Scottish researchers to be disease free.
Type: Full Time
Salary: £neg basic + commission
Canongate Communications Ltd are seeking a self-motivated, commercially aware individual to join our sales team as a Business Development Manager
The brief is to develop advertisement sales, sponsorship, and events revenues for our flagship business and policy Supplements which are distributed with The Times Scotland.
Our target clients are some of the best known names in the private sector, charities, government agencies and NGO’s across Scotland and the UK.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative individual with quantifiable sales experience in advertising and sponsorship sales, preferably in newspapers. You must be able to demonstrate a proven ability to sell, and an intimate understanding of the sales process from prospecting, business development through to account management. Working from our offices in Edinburgh you will be expected to be as effective developing business over the phone as you are in person.
You may be degree educated with at least 3+ years media sales experience from a relevant background and have a genuine interest and understanding of business and policy in Scotland. Dedication, and an ability to work on your own initiative as part of a small and dynamic team, you will add real value to the development of one of Scotland’s newest SME’s.
If you have newspaper experience in classified sales management or specific category expertise please highlight this in your covering letter.
In return we offer an attractive basic salary, on going training and a bonus system which is achievable and rewards success.
Canongate Communications Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Hamish Miller on 0131 510 6617 for more information.
This vacancy has now closed and we will be accepting no further applications.
Are you a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a career in marketing and/or publishing?
Then this is a unique opportunity to jump start your career.
Our team is made up of some of the best publishers, journalists and event organisers in Scotland. Our diverse range of brands and publications are the the perfect way to get a good grounding in both the skills and experience required to work in the publishing industry. We want to grow our team and find the right people to manage our brands online. Continue reading
EventsBase, a quarterly magazine for the events industry in Scotland, has been launched. A brand new title in the market, EventsBase aims to go behind the scenes to report on events and festivals ‘through the eyes of organisers, suppliers and sponsors’.
“The magazine is an affirmation of Scotland’s growing reputation as ‘the perfect stage’ for everything from small-scale local events to international occasions,” said editor Will Peakin.
It has been designed and produced by Palmer Watson, the agency known for its work with magazines and newspapers around the world, including Le Monde and El Pais.
Canongate Communications proudly delivered the 10th annual SELECT Industry Awards at Glasgow’s Radisson Blu hotel on Friday October 9. The landmark occasion was attended by more than 300 people from the Scottish electrical industry, where Motherwell-based Crown House Technologies won the coveted Electrical Contractor of the Year…